Friday, May 04, 2007

Countdown till the big day.....

Wow I can't believe that in 57 days I will be Mrs. Brandon Carmichael.There is so much left to do! Brandon reassures me that I am way ahead of schedule and I think my caterer is getting annoyed with my pushiness to start discussing menu options but I can't stop the pace I have now! Good ole project management skills are really paying off. We have an awesome task list which I have outlined the baseline start dates of a task and the actual start dates and current status. And to draw attention to those tasks that might have slipped behind schedule have outlined them in red with big bold words OVERDUE (so someone, um hum, Brandon can take notice of them.) But he really is being such a big help-I would be in a whole lot worse state of obsessive compulsive task management if he hadn't stepped in and taken some of the burden off of me.
God found us an awesome house to rent as well and I move in the first of June. What is really funny about the house is the bathroom. Its a sunken tub-not level with the ground. I only caught a glimpse of it as we were passing through the house and now my mind is playing tricks on me with visions of it being so deep in the ground that I will have to have a ladder to climb out of it. But wait that's not all-it also has two shower heads which Brandon is excited about because will actually get to know what it feels like to be totally submersed by a shower (he's 6'6 and always have to stoop to get his hair wet under normal showers). But wait that's not all either-it has angled mirrors above the tub ?!? Yeah I know. I guess someone before us wanted to see how clean they were from all angles. Another lemon that we are making into lemonade that it has no closets so we are going to turn the smallest bedroom into a walk in closet! How great is that! I going to have a whole room where I can store my shoes, purse, clothes. I feel almost like the movie stars on Cribs.

No comments: