Wednesday, February 28, 2007

So the stock market droped yesterday and alot of people lost alot of money but I'm sure it will bounce back. I just took over my IRA this past year and learning all the new termology pertaining to investing is my newest challenge...put, call, long capital, short capital. I took a Graduate level investments class in college but I struggled through it, so Investiments For Dummies might be my main source of knowledge. But I was thinking when I was brushing my teeth this morning (i can multi task) about how much wealth people have tied up in stocks and really all it is is numbers on the computer screens. Electronic Tranactions. If something were to happen like suddenly all computers throughout the world stopped working it would be mania. There would be car wrecks because the stop lights wouldn't work, in a hospital Doctors wouldn't be able to get back lab results, and what about the airlines....It is really scary to see how our lifestyles are so dependent on computers. I for one would not be able to work as I spend 8 hrs a day on a computer.

No comments: