Friday, June 15, 2007

Losing my marbles....


Ok only 15 more days until the kaos is over and I can relax. Well for a few days at least. Everything is going fine with the wedding, but you know good ole Murphy. He'll show up. But I'm ready for him so bring it! I just need to keep my wits about me and focused-which I failed to do yesterday morning. Here is the story so get ready to laugh. I usually put my trash bags on top of my car hood to drive it down to the trash can when I head out to work in the morning (cause I'm lazy like that). However I was so distracted by everything that I needed to get done that day that I forgot about stopping to throw them away and pulled out of my apartment complex. Here I am driving down the road with two large white trash bags on the roof of my car. Oblivious. As I start gaining speed the next thing I hear is a whomp. And one goes flying off the back. I of course swerve, scarred by the sound, realized what it was, and pull into a near by parking lot. I got out and saw that the other one was still on top of the car and looked back on the road to see where the bag landed. Right in the middle of a busy intersection. And here comes a car headed straight for it. I turned my head, I couldn't look. I heard a whack, then another whack as the car behind that one totally ripped open the bag and the trash went everywhere. For some unknown reason I became really really embarrassed at that moment-I guess that it was because that was MY trash being spread out all over the road. Anywho, long story short I found a nearby dumpster to plop the other bag in and hastily exited the area. I called up Brandon to find some consolation for the litter that everyone was now driving over because of me and all he did was laugh and say "I love you." But really that was all I needed to hear.

No comments: