Tuesday, October 02, 2007

House Divided......
Ok Anyone who knows the Carmichaels know that they are diehard Florida Gator's fan. Especially Momma C.She actually got to run with them down on the field. So when SEC Football season starts up we all put on our favorite team colors and keep a close eye on the scoreboard. There are many school rivalry's but the biggest family one is when Auburn and Florida meet up. the house becomes divided. Staci, Drew, and I graduated from Auburn, B cheers for Florida because I don't think his actually has a team. After a rousing team smack talk we (B and I) parked it on the couch with some wings and beer to cheer up our team. (BTW Auburn won last year-the only team to beat the SEC Champs) It started off Good. Auburn brought their D game and kept the Gators in check. We scored first. Minus some smelly penatilties called on both ends it was a great game. So about the end of the third quarter. The tigers were in the lead and I felt confident that we would close it out with a win. I called it a night and settled down under the covers with book. Only to be interrupted but screams, stomps and grunts from the other room. I couldn't concentrate on my book so I huffed back in the living room. Wow 4th quarter 17 to 17. 14 seconds left on the clock. We let it run down. 4 seconds left and our kicker, a Freshy, was up to make it 40 yrds or something.He made it-we won. Oh wait the Gators, called a time out. It didn't count. I looked at Brandon. He was on the edge of the couch ringing his hands. Surely we couldn't do it again. Oh but we did. Auburn 20-Florida 17. And I have bragging rights for the next year. War Eagle!

No comments: