Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Biggest Fear III

“When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? “ Psalms 56:3-4
The answer is exactly that. “What can mortal man do to me?” The world’s opinion means nothing, it is temporary, changeable. Its estimation of my character is written in sand and can easily be blown away. “In God I trust”-not humankind. For eventually my actions, whether self-serving or not will be accountable to Him and only Him. He is the ultimate judge.



Biggest Fear II

Ok so here it goes my biggest fear......Not being considered a genuine person. And that is all encompassing. Now I know that I shouldn't really care what my peers think but lets face it, it is human nature, a human desire to be liked. What I mean by not being considered genuine, is that my actions viewed by others, is thought to be fake. That people might think that I am not a real Christian, that I am not a honest, trustworthy person. That I have alternative motives for any act of kindness or any show of love. I am afraid of being judged, afraid of falling short of expectations and disappointing others. How can I keep this from happening? How can I turn this fear into an act of bravery? I need more time to think, hopefully by the next post I will have reached some supposition.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I do love comments....I mean I can totally give you crap about never writing in your blog and you can't talk back....=)