Sunday, January 08, 2006


A Letter to Anne...
I am about to embark on a fabulous adventure, a huge change in my life, and drawing from the strength of those who I love and have loved, I thought back to my Grandmother Anne. She was a very special and influential woman in my life. Even though I spent a small amount of time with her (she past away when I was in 5th grade) her life and the lessons she taught me will remain with me throughout. She came from a large farming family in Pennsylvania and when the war came about she left to train as a nurse and later on started the nursing program at UAB in Alabama. I will always remember how she was there for me in the moments I needed peace: When my sister was born, when I finally rode my bike without training wheels, the outfit she bought me for my first day of school, the Lords Prayer that she taught to me after I had awoke from a nightmare. She taught me that failing is giving up before you have tried. Every major accomplishment that I have through God's grace I dedicate to her and I know that she is looking down smiling at me.

No comments: